You're about to read my confessions....

Monday, May 4, 2009

Late Nights

Okay, I admit it! I CANNOT WAIT for bedtime each night. My kids go down around 9 or 9:30 most evenings, but sometimes that isn't soon enough for me. Some days I find myself watching the clock and counting down the hours. As the day progresses, and the hours get later and later, I seem to lose more and more of my patience. Why is it that kids are the lucky ones who get to posess so much energy? If I could steal just 1% of that energy each day, I sometimes think I could be super-mom! On the days where I have little or no energy left, my poor children get put to bed an hour or even an hour and a half early. This probably is not the best strategy. I should probably figure out a creative way for them to release some of their energy instead of putting them to bed as soon as I start to lose to temper. But, for now, I'm once again counting down the hours. 3 hours and 51 minutes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment